Canadian Citizenship Test
Canadian Citizenship Test is one of requirements that an applicant should pass in terms to be granted a Canadian citizenship but it is not required from everyone. You are probably one of those people who dream of immigrating to Canada and become a citizen. There are several requirements that you need to accomplish in order for you to be qualified to apply for a Canadian citizenship. Likewise, you also have to undergo several processes to obtain this citizenship.
Passing the Canadian Citizenship Test is one of the requirements that you should accomplish to become a Canadian citizen. This is being managed by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), which is the federal department that is responsible for dealing with the issues involving citizenship and immigration in Canada. Before you qualify for the test you must first fulfill the basic requirements set by CIC under Canada Immigration Law for those who are applying for citizenship.
Basic Requirements for Applying to a Canadian Citizenship
- The first process that you should undergo is to determine whether or not you are eligible for the citizenship. There are several factors that are being considered to determine your eligibility including your age, permanent resident status, filling taxation, language skills, and criminal history; and
- The next thing that you have to do is to get the appropriate Canadian citizenship application package. Basically, the application forms for adults is different from the one issued for minors. It is important that you provided all the needed information in the forms since any forms with incomplete information are usually returned to the applicant.
Once you submitted your application, CIC will then process it and will notify you to confirm that your application has been received. You will also receive a copy of the “Discover Canada: The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship” study guide. This guide contains all the information you need for the Canadian citizenship test.
You must undergone the Canadian citizenship test if you are:
- Between the ages of 14 and 64 years old; and
The test for Canadian citizenship is designed to evaluate your knowledge about Canada including:
- Knowledge of the responsibilities and rights of being a Canadian citizen;
- Knowledge of Canada’s political, social, and cultural history;
- Knowledge of Canada’s physical geography; and
- Knowledge of Canada’s values such as human rights and democracy.
The Canadian citizenship test question may also include the election procedures of the country and the issues involving the Canadian government.
Aside from the Canadian citizenship test itself, you may also be interviewed by a Canadian citizenship judge. This interview can serve as a good way to evaluate your language skills. For this reason, it is important that you are well-prepared for both the interview and the test. When needed, you can search the internet for sites that offer guides for passing the Canadian Citizenship Test. It would also be beneficial if you seek the help of a trusted and experienced immigration firm such as Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada as it tends to have all the essential information you need and prepare you to pass the test.
It is important that you do your research before taking the test to make sure that you will not fail. Applicants who failed the Canadian citizenship test will be invited for an interview to determine if they have the necessary skills and knowledge to become a Canadian citizen.
On the other hand, if you passed the Canadian citizenship test and have met all the requirements, you will then be asked to attend a citizenship ceremony where you will make an oath and receive your certificate of Canadian citizenship. Applying for a Canadian citizenship is a complex process. However, with determination, perseverance, and with the help of an experienced Canadian immigration firm, your dream of becoming a Canadian citizen will be made possible and easy.
Contact Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada today and allow the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant Ali Shafi to help you with submitting your Canadian citizenship application and prepare you for your Canadian citizenship test today.