What is Canada Federal Skilled Trades Immigration Program?
The Federal Skilled Trades Program is one of the Canada Immigration Programs that targets skilled professionals to work in Canada and get the permanent residence status in Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada has lunched this immigration program on Feb 2, 2013. in the past, the Canadian Government has determine the number of applicants who will be accepted under this program in a year time. The accepted number under Canada Federal Skilled Trades Program used to be limited to 3000 applicants only.
Starts from January 2015, the Canadian Government has a new electronic system called Express Entry to manage applications for permanent residence under c immigration programs such as the Federal Trade Immigration Program.
ertain economicIn terms to be able to apply under the Canada Federal Skilled Trade program, the applicant must:
- Not be inadmissible to come to Canada;
- Has minimum 2 years of full time work experience or equivalent of part time experience in a “skilled trade” within the 5 years before submitting an application for the Canada Federal Skilled Trades program;
- Has good knowledge of the English or French language and provide proof of an approved language test result and meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, and Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 for reading and writing;
- Has a job offer of full a 1 year time job in Canada (or) a certificate of qualification in his skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body;
- Not has intention to live in the province of Quebec, and;
- Meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as determined in the National Occupational Classification NOC.
Note: Full time work experience means paid work experience that has minimum 30 hours per week or equivalent amount in part time. Also you should obtain certificate of qualification to work in the province that you are planning to settle in Canada.
Please note that each province or territory has its own rules and regulations when it comes to issuing a certificate of qualification to work in a specific skilled trade.