One of the main struggle that some business people face when they start thinking about business immigration is that they have to establish a business in Canada and maintain management and control of that business. Under Quebec Investor Immigrant Program (QIIP) business people do not have to establish or mange a business in Canada.
The QIIP is administered and guaranteed by the government of Quebec and the program has been in operation since 1986. We are Official Authorized Representatives for Canadian Banks in Canada that is proudly have helped create the program with the government since the time of its establishment.
Investors under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program have to choose Quebec as their destination to reside and stay in Canada.
The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is open from May 29, 2017 to February 23, 2018 and the maximum number of applications to be processed by the government are 1,900 applications including maximum of 1,330 applications from China, Hong Kong and Macao.
Requirements of Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)
- You should pay the Quebec government application’s fees which is CAD $15,000 only;
- You should have a net worth of a CAD $1.6 million that is obtained legally;
- You should make a CAD $800,000 investment and keep it for 5 years with the government or choose the financing option that is offered by Smartways to Canada.
- The financing option offered by Smartways to Canada is between 220,000 to CAD$ 240,000 (depends on the number of applicants);
- You can make the investment after you are approved by the Government of Quebec;
- You must have acquired a minimum of two years’ management experience in the past 5 years. The company must have a minimum of two full-time employees. It does not necessarily have to be profitable. It can also be an international agency, department or government agency.
- If you can prove that you have an “intermediate advanced” level of French then you are not going to be a subject to (quota limitation) and we can help you submit your application under the QIIP at any time before March 31, 2018.
Definition of the Management Experience
Have acquired a minimum of 2 years of management experience (planning, supervision and control of the financial and the human or physical resources) over the course of 5 years prior to the submission of the candidate’s application. Must also have accumulated this experience in an enterprise (agricultural, commercial, or industrial, OR management experience in a governmental or international organization) and in a position defined as full time.
Which Investment Option Should You Choose?
As an applicant for Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP), you have the option to invest a CAD$800,000 with Quebec Government and this amount is going to be returned to you after 5 years without interest by the government. However, most applicants choose to pay a one time non-refundable payment of CAD$220,000 as a walk-away price. At Smartways to Canada we can help you obtain a loan of CAD$800,000 which will be deposited into the Government of Quebec’s Account on your behalf. The CAD$220,000 to CAD$240,000 amount that you will pay will cover all the financing, interest, and administrative fees of the bank.
Why Financing Option is better?
Many applicants to Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) think smart and prefer this option. What makes it a smart option is that you do not have to sell or liquidate your assets to fund the CAD$800,000 investment amount and therefore this will enable you to keep around CAD$560,000 with you which you may want to invest and possibly get a higher returns from them as an investment.
At Smartways to Canada, we fully understand that dealing with immigration regulations and laws can be time consuming and very stressful for an average person. Also putting together a high quality immigration application can take a very long time and required lots of efforts. Therefore we strongly recommend you that you should allow us to help you by the help of our partners to start applying for you as soon as possible in order to meet the submission deadline in January 29, 2016.
If you a Business Person and you would like to assess your eligibility towards Immigration to Canada under Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) then click on the following link: