If you’re a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada, you now have the chance to sponsor your common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent children or spouse to live in Canada and become permanent residents of the country. Nevertheless, you have to take note that there are several things that you should know about Canada spouse sponsorship visa. Apart from that, you should also be responsible in providing support to your partner or any of your dependent children upon their arrival in Canada. As a sponsor, you should also know that your partner or any of your dependent children will not, in any way, require social assistance from the Canadian government.
Canada spouse sponsorship visa or Canada sponsorship immigration for parents and grandparents can be such a blessing for those who are longing to have their loved ones live with them in the country. But before anything else, you should be aware of the requirements for you to become eligible for the program.
Benefits of Canada Spouse Sponsored Visa
There are numerous benefits that (sponsored person) can enjoy once he/she has secured Canada spouse sponsored visa under Canada family Class. Here are some of them:
- The sponsored person will have the chance to live, work and continue his/her study in Canada with her/his Canadian Partner;
- The sponsored person will have the chance to take advantage of Canada free health care system, subsidized higher education, receive Canada language training courses for FREE and assistance for finding employment;
- You will benefit of the eligibility for Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security; and
- You can apply for Canadian Citizenship after 3 years of residing in Canada and obtain Canadian Passport.
Requirements and Conditions for Canada Spouse Sponsorship Visa
As a Canadian sponsor, you should:
- be at least 18 years old or older;
- be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
- be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
- live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident;
- sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities;
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children;
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children;
- be willing to sponsor your dependent children for a period of 10 years after that child becomes a permanent resident or on the day that child reaches age 22, whichever comes first;
- be willing to sponsor your Spouse or your common-law or conjugal partner for a period of 3 years after that person becomes a permanent resident of Canada.
As a Canadian sponsors, you may not be able to apply for Canada spouse sponsorship visa if one the following apply to you:
- You are married to someone else;
- You have signed an undertaking agreement for a previous spouse or common-law partner and 3 years have not elapsed since he or she became a permanent resident and;
- You are in default of an undertaking, an immigration loan, a performance bond, or family support payments.
- You are an undischarged bankrupt;
- You are currently on Canada social assistance for a reason other than Disability.
- You were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences.
- You were previously sponsored as a spouse , common-law or conjugal partner and became a permanent resident of Canada less than 5 years ago;
- You are currently under a removal order;
- You are detained in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison.
If you want to sponsor your spouse in the future yet you did not sponsor someone in the past or you do not have the ability to apply on your own then seeking assistance from Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada is certainly a wise idea.
When you Retain Canada Immigration Consultant Ali Shafi, you will no longer need to worry about the overwhelming requirements or documents needed for the process because Mr. Shafi will help you make this process easier and more simple. So, if you want to save your effort, time and money, choose the services offered that we provide especially when it comes to Canada spouse sponsorship visa.
Book a Personal Immigration Consultation today or you can complete the below FREE Family Sponsorship Assessment and we will get back to you shortly after:
[button url=”http://smartwaystogrenada.com/canada-family-sponsorship-assessment/” target=”blank” background=”#134cbb” size=”4″ radius=”0″]FREE Family Sponsorship Assessment[/button]