British Columbia is one of Canada’s most dynamic places to do business and the province presents unique business opportunities for entrepreneurs from all over the world. If you are an experienced business person who can establish him/herself in British Columbia and invest in and operate a commercially viable business that can provide significant benefits to the economy of the province.
Applying for the BC PNP for Business
If you want to be considered to immigrate to Canada as a business person under BC PNP Entrepreneur Program then we can help you registering a profile in an online registration system that is known as Entrepreneur Immigration Registration (EIR). Once we help you enter into the selection pool then your final registration score will be ranked along with other registrars. We have to mention that the Entrepreneur Immigration Registration is not an application to the Entrepreneur Immigration stream or a guarantee that a candidate will be invited to apply.
[toggle title=”The Selection Process” state=”close”]
The government of British Columbia will select a maximum of 200 registrations per month and then will invite the candidates who achieve the highest scores and issue for them an Invitation to Apply (ITA). A registration is only valid for 6 months and if you don’t receive an ITA within 6 months you will need to re-apply. You cannot make changes to your online profile once we have helped you register.
Once you have been selected then you will get the chance to apply for a work permit with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) so you can come to British Columbia and be able to invest in the province. Once you have fulfilled the requirements then you will be able to apply for permanent residence in Canada through the BC PNP for business.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”BC PNP Program Requirements” state=”close”]
- Entrepreneur Nomination Requirements
- Personal Requirement
- Business requirements
- Investment requirements
- Job requirements[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Nomination Requirements” state=”close”]
- Active and ongoing management of the day-to-day business operations
- Demonstrated residence in B.C.
- Admissibility to Canada[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Personal Requirement” state=”close”]
- personal net worth of at least CAD $600,000 (including cash in bank accounts, fixed deposits, assets, properties, investments … etc). The net worth should be in the candidate’s name or his/her spouse’s name or combined together and must be legally obtained and verifiable;
- A minimum of two years of post-secondary education or experience as an active (business owner-manager) with 100٪ ownership of the business for at least 3 of the past 5 years; and
- The candidate must have a business experience and demonstrate that he/she has sufficient experience to establish his/her business in British Columbia.
The candidate must have a minimum of:
- More than 3 years of experience as an active business owner-manager; OR
- More than 4 years of experience as a senior manager; OR
- A combination of at least 1 year of experience as an active (business owner-manager) and at least 2 years of experience as a senior manager.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Business requirements” state=”close”]
- The candidate must submit a short business concept of establishing a new business, purchase of existing business, form a partnership with an existing business, and partner with a local or foreign entrepreneur to establish a new business in British Columbia. Once the candidate is accepted into the program then he/she will be required to submit a comprehensive business plan.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Investment requirements” state=”close”]
- Make an eligible personal investment of at least CAD $200,000 in the business.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Job requirements” state=”close”]
- Create at least 1 new (full-time job) for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Government Fees” state=”close”]
After the candidate got accepted into the program then he/she must pay a CAD $3,500 processing fee to the province of British Columbia.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Exploratory Visit” state=”close”]
Although that making an exploratory visit to B.C in not a mandatory requirement to apply for this program but it is highly recommended. As a candidate, you are not advised to make any investments or financial commitments prior to signing a Performance Agreement with the BC PNP for business.
Please note that the BC PNP may refuse the application if the information in your registration is materially different from your application. If you are invited to apply then you will have (4 months) to submit a complete application. If you application is approved then you will asked to sign a (Performance Agreement) with the Government of British Columbia and you will have up to 20 months to implement a business proposal in B.C.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Interview in Canada” state=”close”]
If the BC PNP officials requested to interview the candidate then he/she will be required to attend an (in-person) interview at the BC PNP office in Vancouver – Canada.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”After Approval of Application” state=”close”]
If an application is approved then the BC PNP will issue a Letter of Confirmation which will enable the applicant to apply for a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada so the applicant can along with his/her family to move to British Columbia and implement the business that he/she proposed in his/her business plan.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Verification of Assets” state=”close”]
Entrepreneurs who are invited to apply for the BC PNP will be required to use the service of a qualified supplier to verify their personal (net-worth) and accumulation funds as part of the nomination process of BC PNP.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Meeting the Conditions of BC PNP” state=”close”]
The entrepreneur has to prove to the BC PNP that he/she has met the Performance Agreement conditions within the 20 months and that is by proving that he/she was:
- Resides within 100 kilometers of the business;
- Actively managing a business in British Columbia;
- Physically present in British Columbia for at least 75% of the time when is he/she having work permit; and
- Complied with any other terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Applying for Permanent Residence” state=”close”]
Once the entrepreneur met the conditions that are set under the Performance Agreement within the 20 months then he/she can submit a Final Report to the BC PNP and once the report is approved then the BC PNP will issue for him/her a (Nomination Certificate) which will enable him/her to apply for permanent residency in Canada.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Applying for Canadian Citizenship” state=”close”]
The entrepreneur can apply for Canadian Citizenship after he/she become a permanent resident and physically present in Canada for at least 1,460 days during the 6 years immediately before the date of his/her application. The entrepreneur must also be physically present for at least 183 days during each of 4 calendar years that are fully or partially within the 6 years immediately before the date of application for Canadian Citizenship.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”Ineligible Investment under BC PNP” state=”close”]
The following are not considered eligible investments:
- “Cash” and “working capital”.
- Wage payments made to yourself and your family members, if applicable.
Contact Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada today if you want to know more about how to apply for Canada Immigration under British Columbia Nominee Program PNP for Business Immigrants. If you are an Entrepreneur and you think that you may be eligible for this program and you would like to live in British Columbia, we encourage you to Contact Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada and speak with the Canadian Immigration Consultant Ali Shafi who would be glad to talk to and assist you with your endeavours