Canada Credential Evaluation
Information About Canada Credential Evaluation
Canada is one of the best places in the world to live, work, and study. The country offers thousands of opportunities to its citizens as well as to immigrants who want to engage in various activities in Canada. Most people immigrate to Canada to study or work and eventually become a citizen. When planning to work or study in Canada, your professional and academic credentials are one of the requirements that you have to submit.
However, since the academic documents and educational system varies from country to county, it is important that you have your credentials be evaluated. Canada credential evaluation is needed as some of the credentials that are obtained outside of the country may not be recognized as the same credentials issued in Canada.
The assessment of you credentials will depend on your purpose for Canada Immigration. If your aim is to work, some occupations in Canada require newcomers to have their credentials evaluated. For non-regulated occupations, employers are interested to learn the Canadian equivalency of your academic credential. Canadian credential evaluation is important in determining if your credentials have meet the standards set by the country or if you still need more education, training, or work experience.
There are several requirements for education evaluation that that you need to provide to the credential evaluator. These include:
- A set of authentic documents.
These documents include your academic records that show the subjects and courses that you have studied, your academic grades, and the number of hours or credits completed. You also need to present the document given as a proof that you have completed your education such as degree certificate and diploma. However, you must make sure that these documents have the necessary seals, postal marking, and signatures of authorized people for them to be considered as official. In some instances, you will be asked to have these documents translated to French or English.
- Other requirements may also be asked for Canadian credential evaluation depending on the country where you obtained your credentials. For instance, if you obtained you secondary education in Japan, you may be asked to present your transcript of study and your Upper Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
Since the application process for Canada credential evaluation may take some time, it is important that you gather all the needed documents in advance. You must also understand that credential assessment services as not free. Generally, fees for regular service is lower than the fees charge for rush service.
By having your credentials evaluated by a reliable credential evaluator, you can:
- Make sure that your academic documents are valid for processing;
- Start looking for jobs that suit your skills and academic achievement or enroll in certain institutions to purse your studies;
- Canada credential evaluation also helps organizations and companies save money and time doing their own research and evaluation; and
- Help post-secondary institutions, licensing bodies, and employers identify if your credentials have met the requirements set for admission, employment, or license.
Canada credential evaluation is beneficial to individuals who want to work or pursue study in Canada. In order to better understand the process for credential evaluation and its requirement, it would help if you consult an expert such as the Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant Ali Shafi. He can guide you and educate you about the things that you need to do for education evaluation. Contact Canada Immigration Firm Smartways to Canada today.